Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss Tri-Cities 2018

Miss Tri-Cities 2018

If you've been watching my facebook hydro fan page you know that I have an interview scheduled tomorrow with KVEW TV in Pasco,WA.

I'm working with local sponsors, current Unlimited Hydroplane Team owners, crew members and X crew members and the local Tri-Cities community on starting a auto or piston powered Miss Tri-Cities Unlimited Hydroplane Team based in TC!

One way I'm raising funds for this is thru a Go Fund Me page at: www.tchydro.com and I'm talking with local Tri-City businesses and hydro fans from Tri-Cities and elsewhere.

If my efforts don't provide enough money to start this Team for now I want to try partnering with an existing Unlimited Hydroplane Team and provide the money raised to that Team to run as the Miss Tri-Cities!

I would love to partner with the U-3 Team since it is the only current piston powered Unlimited Hydroplane Team - I have not talked to anyone from the U-3 Team about this yet but I do know Charlie Grigg and Ed Cooper the owner.

And if not the U-3 Team then one of the other current Unlimited Teams!

So any team that would be interested please contact me at: 509-948-1724 - [email protected] - Russ McElroy, PO BOX 2314, Richland, WA 99352.

Also if anyone has any ideas please let me know ASAP at the contact info above - thanks everyone.

KVEW TV interview done yesterday - they got some info up on their website but butchered the interview - was contacted by KNDU TV today - I gave them some info they said they would try and get up on their website and we will try for an interview on Monday.

Also talking to some money people on backing this - stay tuned for more!

ScreenHunter 445.jpg New logo by Ron Tully!

John Walters has officially joined the Team as a consultant - in talks with several other hydro people!

Please explain the Jerry Schoenith offer.

The Jerry Schoenith offer is from him personally - so there is no way to know if he actually has any real money behind his offer.

Got a call from Water Follies - X Unlimited crew member and local Tv - the word is getting out some.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosus View Post
    The Jerry Schoenith offer is from him personally - so there is no way to know if he actually has any real money behind his offer.
    Is there any more to it. Such as, does it have to be the U-96 hull or the one that is possessed by the Rutt brothers? Is Eric involved at all? Does he specify the power plant to be used?

This is a work in progress - it's amazing how many people have been willing to help with getting this started and share a lot of good ideas! Erick Ellstrom has already been a big help - he wants to see the 2001 hull back on the water. Erick really liked the idea of piston or auto power - I think we need to go that way to help bring back a lot of lost interest to the sport. But really this could go many different ways!

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosus View Post
    This is a work in progress - it's amazing how many people have been willing to help with getting this started and share a lot of good ideas! Erick Ellstrom has already been a big help - he wants to see the 2001 hull back on the water. Erick really liked the idea of piston or auto power - I think we need to go that way to help bring back a lot of lost interest to the sport. But really this could go many different ways!
    Cool. Carry on and good luck.
    Last edited by Inspector100; 12-08-2017 at 11:30 AM.