Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mallow is new full- time driver for the 100

I for one have no problem with Unlimited's going "global" I can foresee a rosy future with perhaps a couple of National and international Series co-exsisting and meeting up once a year for a true world championship. How about a North American Circuit, An Aussie Circuit, A Middle East Series and even a European Tour. What, maybe 40, 50, 60? Unlimited's competing world wide. A Race EVERY WEEKEND of the year somewhere on the Planet. Shortage of Turbine engines you say? Posh, they will find alternative power. Too expensive to run/own a Boat? Heck, once the international money comes pouring in they will have to turn potential owners away. Oh wait, there is ONE problem. They still can't figure out who won the last race. Details Details Details......

Later The we're sure getting a lot of traction out of a thread announcing a new driver of a 3rd tier Boat Rockinator

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockinator View Post
    I for one have no problem with Unlimited's going "global" I can foresee a rosy future with perhaps a couple of National and international Series co-exsisting and meeting up once a year for a true world championship. How about a North American Circuit, An Aussie Circuit, A Middle East Series and even a European Tour. What, maybe 40, 50, 60? Unlimited's competing world wide. A Race EVERY WEEKEND of the year somewhere on the Planet. Shortage of Turbine engines you say? Posh, they will find alternative power. Too expensive to run/own a Boat? Heck, once the international money comes pouring in they will have to turn potential owners away. Oh wait, there is ONE problem. They still can't figure out who won the last race. Details Details Details......

Later The we're sure getting a lot of traction out of a thread announcing a new driver of a 3rd tier Boat Rockinator
    We do know who won the last race, it was Jimmy Shane. We are just awaiting the details of the data as requested in the oberto appeal. There is more to check than you can imagine and racepak are also busy with other sports. Besides we know who the winner is so who cares how long it takes. Just as long as its done by Doha. If all was well you would still find something to moan about. Oh wait let's bring back the U3, we have mentioned that lately :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcpasco View Post
    This is so difficult to listen to, why are fans arguing with overseas races, they take place in the dead of US winter when we would have had no races before, and we keep talking about the shipping times, its the same as it was before no matter that there are two races, or pushing the first one back to January, because the past few years they have sat there for a month or more before they even left. Again though they are racing there in Winter!!!! So stop complaining about not getting to go to the race, at least there is a race and you can watch it online (sometimes ha depending on the streaming but we will leave that out for now).
    Also we are complaining about not having more US races, that is not H1's fault that is the reality of our economy right now. Being on a race site board I know it takes a lotttttttttttt of money to put these races together and not a lot of places can afford it right now. Doha is paying for everything and putting on a race, the only response should be gratitude to them from everyone. Also they pay the teams a huge amount of money, in fact With two races the amount of money they are paying would be about the same as teams have made racing the past 6 to 10 years combining all races and that is just for two races over there, so again gratitude for not only keeping our sport alive but helping it grow, these teams have more money now then most of them ever have had. I say keep it up, have a year long series half overseas and half in the US, keep the money rolling in and teams will be able to run multiple boat teams with fulltime crew and our sport will be bigger than it was before. Quit the complaining and embrace the progress.

I may have buried the meat of my last post in details as I was just letting the thoughts flow. The meat of it is that everytime someone questions something, we, the forum, get a condesending response from H1. Like you, I understand the finances. I have been on the board of a racesite for years. Through some of the worst times for one race site. I was just trying to explain why I think some people would also like to see more US races. Once again, my passion just let the thoughts flow and I put them down as they came. I didn't mean to offend anyone so if I did, I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by shippingman View Post
    We do know who won the last race, it was Jimmy Shane. We are just awaiting the details of the data as requested in the oberto appeal. There is more to check than you can imagine and racepak are also busy with other sports. Besides we know who the winner is so who cares how long it takes. Just as long as its done by Doha. If all was well you would still find something to moan about. Oh wait let's bring back the U3, we have mentioned that lately :-)
    Bang on Old Chap. Put the muppets in their rightful place. :-) There are thousands of people on the beach who have enjoyed this year's racing and I would hope to say that the vocal negative minority in this forum, who represent themselves as the authoritive die hard fan, are liken to those who would bring a turd to a party in order to spice up the punch. And if there was no punch they would bring a bowl so as to have something into which they could deposit said turd.

As a moderator of this forum, I think it might be time for a little reminder and re-fresh of just what this forum is all about. Folks, THIS IS A FORUM, by definition: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged, an Internet message board.

This forum is not much different than hanging out at your local bar/pub, coffee-shop, race shop, neighbor's back yard and talking hydroplanes. You never know who's going to show up and what they might say but show a little respect, restraint, and the freedom to allow others their views, opinions, and perspective. Fortunately we have a varied group of individuals that either post here, or "lurk" (the quiet non-posters), and through that variety we all have the opportunity to share, learn, be informed, and maybe get a little irritated at times. But we all have a common bond, the great sport of unlimited hydroplane racing.
    Time to get off my soapbox and resume our normally scheduled broadcasting
    (also as Rockinator said earlier, let's try and start new threads if the topic changes, this doesn't really have anything to do with the U-100)

Below I have re-posted something from April 2012 that pretty much covers it all
    1st
    - This is a forum or message board, people! A place to hold informal, on-line conversations, exchange information, ideas, news that others read, respond to, & contribute. Nothing more, nothing less and with the common shared interest of the sport of unlimited hydroplane racing.
    2nd - It's NOT an "official" H1 Unlimited website, a team website, or representing itself as such. That is up to the powers that run/manage H1 Unlimited or the respective teams to decide when & how they choose to do so. If any of those parties choose not to make announcements or press releases that is their option or choice, just as it is for anyone to participate and share in this or any forum/message board.
    3rd - What anyone reads or posts here on this forum s/b taken at face value and consider the source providing what is posted. A portion of what's posted here will be very factual and other posts will be more of a speculative nature. There will always be varying degrees of credibility of the people posting, and the sources providing the information to those posting. It is a great country we live in and we all should feel the freedom to express & share what we want to.
    4th - The posts made here will range from facts to sheer speculation. Maybe rumors, tentative plans, discussions,....but the simple truth is the sources of the information posted range from basic fans on the beach and up through to the hierarchy of H1 Unlimited, including crew members, teams, owners, and sponsors. People posting here aren't just "making crazy things up". A large % of the information is from very credible, well-meaning sources so if there is truly a concern for the confidentiality of the information, the issue isn't with the people posting, it's with the sources that choose to share it with others.
    5th - On the topic of the sport being fragile, all this secrecy, or things being taboo to talk about. It's a big world out there folks.... instant media, the age of technology, the desire to know now, and this forum or any others, is NOT going to jeopardize the state of the sport by talking about shared enthusiasm and interest in the sport. It is a sport appealing to a public fanbase and there will ALWAYS be people talking about what is happening in the sport. Issues with the sport are the responsibility of the governing body, in this case, H1 Unlimited. There will always be positive & negative sides to any sport or business but that is no reason to ignore the issues at hand and won't solve any problems. Open honest discussion can be a healthy, productive thing.
    6th - It's each individuals choice to share, participate, or talk about a sport they care about so I say if you choose, go ahead and speak your mind participate in this forum, or any others. Don't be "intimidated" or feel you shouldn't speak, it's your right to do so. If you are passionate about the sport and want to get more involved, volunteer, join a team, help at a race site, ask around and see what help might be needed. Volunteers are a very important aspect of this sport right now. You just never know until you ask the right questions!
    7th - I get asked all the time about what's going on? What's new? What have I heard? What are teams working on? Growth of the sport? New race sites? Sponsors? and many other things related to the sport. At times I choose not to share what I might have knowledge of, and that can be for various reasons. That's just human nature to want to know because the people asking are interested, care about the future of the sport, and that will never change or go away. So just remember what this forum is all about, a place to talk about and enjoy the shared interest in "our" sport.
    Last edited by Lon E; 10-13-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobabble View Post
    Bang on Old Chap. Put the muppets in their rightful place. :-) There are thousands of people on the beach who have enjoyed this year's racing and I would hope to say that the vocal negative minority in this forum, who represent themselves as the authoritive die hard fan, are liken to those who would bring a turd to a party in order to spice up the punch. And if there was no punch they would bring a bowl so as to have something into which they could deposit said turd.
    You know, by nature I'm not a negative guy. (muppet?) If you read the vast majority of my posts I'm something of a dreamer, a supporter of the sport, I know I only spend a couple Thou a year on travel, tickets, shirts, hats, etc, so I'm small potatoes. I wouldn't bring a turd to a party but would bring a bowl if the host needed one. So what is it about this sport that raises my ire? Constant irregularities in officiating? Conversations with crews of teams who really don't know where they will get the money for a new gearbox, prop, or dependable FAST Motor? Seeing a boat win on the water, being presented the Trophy only to find out later they didn't win? Happened more than once in the last few years, right? I've got NO PROBLEM IF Jimmy Shane won in San Diego, I like the driver, the boat, the team. But how can anybody say they KNOW who won while there is still an appeal hanging out there? Didn't you KNOW The Oberto won that race until H1 said they didn't? Pointing out facts, good or bad, isn't being negative, questioning isn't being a naysayer it's an attempt on my part anyway, to hopefully find a way for the sport to grow and improve. I LOVE the spectacle of the sport, the crowds, the noise, the experience of being there. As I have said before I will continue to go as long as they hold a race in a place I can get to. Change the rules, eliminate the rules, whatever. Just make it so when I walk away from the river/lake/Bay that I know who WON the FRICKEN' RACE. Is that too much too ask? Casual or die hard fan, is it really too much? Really. So to answer another question. Who cares who won as long as we know by Doha? I DO!! But I'm just a fan. So I guess I don't matter.

Later, The last I will say on this particular subject big fat hairy deal Rockinator

Next year to bring in some foreign money the U-11 Peters & May will be re-branded Tesco Presents The U-11 Miss Peters & May

Quote Originally Posted by Lon E View Post
    As a moderator of this forum, I think it might be time for a little reminder and re-fresh of just what this forum is all about. Folks, THIS IS A FORUM, by definition: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged, an Internet message board.
    Have fun...moderate until your heart's content.

Administrator
    Hey folks, everybody breathe. Be nice. Agree to disagree. If you wouldn't say it to somebody's face, don't say it here. THESE are the rules of the original Hydropage Forum back in the Bravenet days.

Play nice and be respectful. We are all passionate about OUR sport. Lets not lose fans by fighting with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage01 View Post
    Hey folks, everybody breathe. Be nice. Agree to disagree. If you wouldn't say it to somebody's face, don't say it here. THESE are the rules of the original Hydropage Forum back in the Bravenet days.

Play nice and be respectful. We are all passionate about OUR sport. Lets not lose fans by fighting with one another.
    Well, put Rock!!!!

Your statement: "Just make it so when I walk away from the river/lake/Bay that I know who WON the FRICKEN' RACE. Is that too much too ask?"
    sums it up. Pretty pathetic when a statement like that has to be made.

The "turd in the punch bowl" comment. Classic Psycho.

I, for one, have no idea what line was crossed here Kim???????? Can you enlighten me????